Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Sunday

Today was Super Bowl Sunday. We decided to take Aubs to a little place close to home called That Fun Place. Nothing fancy but something to do with her and spend time as a family. The food could be better but she had fun and that is all that matters! We played some games and played black light golf. Or I guess I should say, Ryan played golf and Aubry decided that she wanted to stand on a "stage" and dance. We are going to have our hands full with her!
While Ryan watched the game, Aubry and I made cake pops! I got the recipe from the Bakerella website. They are sooo good! They are also really difficult to make them look pretty! Mine look like a 3 year old made them...she did help. :)
                    1297055388527.jpg
You can find the recipe on Bakerella.com. In case you don't want to visit there, I will tell you how I made them. I took one box of red velvet cake mix and baked the cake as the directions stated. When that was done, I took my (clean) hands and scooped the cake out of the pan and mixed it with one can of cream cheese icing. I rolled the mixture into little balls on a cookie sheet and popped them in the freezer for a minute. While they were in there, I melted some chocolate bark in the microwave. I took the cake balls out of the freezer and took my lollipop sticks and dipped them in the melted chocolate then stuck them into the cake balls. I stuck them into a block of styrofoam after I rolled them. After that, I added sprinkles. I added the sprinkles after each one or they will get too hard and the sprinkles won't stick! Like I said, mine aren't pretty but I am hoping that improves with time. You can use any flavor of cake mix and icing that you want. We were just going with the Valentine theme! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment